Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Disturbed with murders of rationalist .... !



Most of my friends may feel that I am criticising the bureaucracy and government because, though I tried hard to join the IAS, I could not become part of the governance system since I did not clear the exams. I am the same person as the student who was preparing for the IAS exams, but did not pass. The difference is that today I have changed my path, but not my vision.

In a way, I am relieved that I am not a part of that system. I understand the importance of the State as an institution and do not deny its role in governance. And in future, I will always work with State institutions and civil society because I believe in the State. Though I believe in the Marxist ideology, I will make the State work for the common good. I know I can do it.

But I would like to make some serious allegations against the institutions of the State. Let us take the assassinations of Dr. Narendra Dabholkar and now Comrade Govind Pansare. Let us also consider the lakhs of farmer suicides and the thousands of common people killed in terrorist bomb blasts; the women killed after rape and for dowry; female foeticide … The list is unending ...

Why is it that such criminals do not fear the State? I feel it is because they know that the State is itself one of the biggest criminals and that they can easily escape from the law and order system, because it has become “a family business”!

You can't punish the criminals, because the criminal is a party member. By their continued inaction, the police department and political institutions as well as leaders, with the bureaucracy and judiciary, are complicit in the murders of Dr. Narendra Dabholkar and Comrade Govind Pansare. The common masses can only question Authority, but they cannot become the legitimate authority to take action.

The police are inactive because today they are puppets of their political masters and institutions and are therefore unable to investigate and put the criminals behind the bars... Likewise, the judiciary of India can only kill Justice. The bureaucracy can only warm their chairs by sitting for hours and hours in one place ...

Meanwhile, ‘the Pradhan Sevak’ is busy fooling the common people by wearing expensive coats and auctioning them! What kind of government machinery is this?

I am happy that my friends – Harshal Lohakare, Ashwini Satav-Doke, Rajan Dandekar and Hanumant Pawar – ended their six-day hunger-strike with a resolution to fight anew. Many citizens like me will support them. And we will work together, creating awareness about people’s rights and for better livelihoods.

I may use sharp and bitter language. That is because I need to express myself. Or I will die of suffocation. Yet I try not to react, but respond to the endless questions which rise up in my restless mind. But I am not pessimistic when it comes to my actions. I am not discouraged to leave things as they are. It is my responsibility to work effectively and keep learning while challenging the current situation. I feel it is possible that the pain of the people can be reduced; that Justice is possible; and that the State can function better.



I hope I can do everything that is possible and repay the burden of debt that I owe to the two great leaders who have sacrificed their lives for a better society. And I wish to gain the support and love of all, so that I can keep walking and working and support the struggles, the movement for people's rights and Justice.

Disclaimer: This is not a general discussion on the role of the Police department; there are good and bad people everywhere ... I am not expressing myself generally ... I have a specific concern ... !

No comments:

Post a Comment